Old 12-18-20, 02:58 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1558 Post(s)
Liked 2,037 Times in 991 Posts
Detail shot time. I enjoyed the lighting this afternoon. We had rumbly rain clouds skirt by us (here in Seattle) on their way east, and partly cloudy skies (aka some blue!) followed. Glimmering direct sunlight lighting the dynamic and opaque clouds behind it.

Straight-on shot of the head tube and brakes.

You can see the touch up paint is not quite the same blue--light reveals all. Still, it's very close in most every lighting circumstance, and it's a LOT better than primer or bare steel.

Sweeting Vintage TRAK, bro!

I'm actually happy that the frameset isn't aesthetically perfect, just pretty darn nice. All the components I have are the same, and thus match. Great cohesive look.

Just a 7700 GS rear derailleur 'throwing' it's pulley wheels far forward, as if to imitate rear derailleurs of yore.

That chain goes for some really loooooooong walks between gears, I must say.

I swear I didn't photoshop the sky (or this image, other than resizing it)!

Gotta rep that 531 street cred, even if 501 has greater tube representation...

More rigging. The seat stays on this 620 are quite slender. The socket-style lugs may be...less elegant than other lug types, but the slender, narrowly-set stays are a lovely, delicate design element that deserves mention.

I should get some fenders now.
Likes For RiddleOfSteel: