View Single Post
Old 12-18-20, 10:59 AM
Hugh Morris

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Evaluate the surface conditions where you ride and select the bike that will work the best(or perform the least worst). Simple as that.
But instead, we have a question of 'can a gravel bike ride on actual gravel' and then arguing about gravel vs dirt roads.
Firstly, it's a forum. People come here to discuss what equipment will work best or perform the least worst. We're all here reading what works for others vs what doesn't, and if we can apply that information to ourselves, or help someone else who could use a little more information themselves... Or we're bored and enjoy bickering online

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I dont view my response as contradictory. I do find the argument over what is 'real' gravel to be a waste of time since 'actual gravel' isnt just one type/style/size, so a gravel bike may not work well for all gravel while still being capable of use on actual gravel.
It's not an argument here, the definition of "actual gravel" as it relates to this conversation is clearly spelled out in the original post, and you are at odds with that definition. The original post asks a specific question and you just chose to ignore that question and say "what you defined as actual gravel is different than my definition, so if you use my definition, which changes the question entirely, the answer is yes!" I am tickled by that, and am curious your thought process / motivation for dodging the question as it was posed. Are you just out to defend the classification of "gravel bikes" in general?

(truth be told, i want a zippy sub 20lb gravel bike with some 38-42ish supple tires, but alas, n = 1 over here)