View Single Post
Old 12-19-20, 05:58 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 905 Post(s)
Liked 2,081 Times in 1,092 Posts
No pics but... My son has my old mid 70's Super Sport at his current base on the east coast. It's been in the family since my older brother bought it new from Matthews Bicycle Mart in Indianapolis. Gottlieb was the salesman. My brother gave it to me in the 80's. It was my commuter and trailer pulling bike when the kids were small. I gave it to my son at his first base in Texas. He took it to S Korea and Turkey, then back to the US. In S Korea he had the headset worked on and they hacked together something with wrong parts and spacers. I fixed that a couple years ago. He's headed to Germany next year, and i don't think the bike is going with him, since he has a new road bike. I can't see paying bike shipping to the west coast, so it will be the end on a 40+ year era.

​​​​​Edit: found a partial pic. Painted orange in the 80's, which i now regret. Frameset, stem, bars, and brakes are all that's original. Maybe RD is original. FD is gone.

Last edited by downtube42; 12-19-20 at 06:16 PM.