View Single Post
Old 12-20-20, 12:42 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7700 Post(s)
Liked 3,611 Times in 1,903 Posts
As so often happens on BF .... a few people state opinions, a few people with different opinions claim to be omniscient, and dump on the rest.

I have not heard enough about Chinese titanium. Do Some companies in China make high-end, high-quality titanium parts?? Sure ... after all, Some companies in China make .... Rocket Ships and Satellites. That doesn't mean Every Chinese company makes quality anything.

I said I bought Chinese carbon after talking to many, many people who had long experience with Chinese CF ... and since I have not talked a bunch with people who have such experience with Chinese, Ti, I personally wouldn't be first.

Funniest thing ... I don't recall Anyone here either citing personal or second-hand info from people who had actually bought and successfully built and road Chinese Ti frames.

Probably the frames are fine .... probably customer service is average, and probably quality control is good enough .... And personally I am glad that someone I might hear form later, is deciding to play test-pilot.

Please keep us updated. This is the kind of info that led me to buy and build two of my favorite bikes. Maybe my long-term dream of building a Ti bike will come to pass with a frame from China someday.