View Single Post
Old 12-23-20, 09:00 AM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by BlindGuyRides
Last my eyes were checked 20/500 without correction, 20/300 with, and it's been a few years since then. I have never been able to drive and my eyesight is getting worse due to age. e-books are a godsend because otherwise i would have to have gone up to large print text a decade ago (and even when text is readable to me I have to get basically nose distance for it to feel comfortable to read.)

As for your observations. As I have stated above. In a prior thread someone else, perhaps derisively or sarcastically, said since documentation does not exist. Make it. Plus my want to have a knowledge of how everything fits when it is in proper order rather than 'oh crap a crank broke' or 'the breaks did a wierd thing' or some other malady.

So uncharitably. I'm doing this out of spite for someone here daring me to.

I prefer to take it as a learning experience.

Hi, here's what I said in one of your previous threads - it was neither derisive nor sarcastic, nor was it a dare:

... I'd guess the rear freewheel is 14 to 28 tooth, but that's just a guess based off of other bikes. No idea what the front chainring is toothwise. No handlebar measurements. No listing for replacement parts that 'best fit' nothing.
The included manual is a generalist affair that gives no real specific help past basic mantinancing. Leaves a newbie like me frustrated.

OK, yeah, they're not going to provide a lot of that, so why don't you check and note that here? How many teeth do you count? Next person who buys this bike will Google it and find your info here, which will be helpful.
Anyway, I didn't know the mods would close your thread, but I was suggesting you note it within the discussion of your bike and our upgrade info & suggestions.