he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Well done!

One thing to note - when I tried to do the first spindown calibration, I figured I'd just ride 10 minutes in Zwift and then do the spindown on the Wahoo ap on my iPhone. Repeated failures. It would seem to be working - get up to speed and switch from "Waiting for target speed" to "Performing spindown", but then never come out of "Performing spindown", or it would never reach target speed. I was afraid it was a dud and I'd have to send 50 lbs of trainer back to Wahoo.

Spent a few minutes on google and found someone who recommended turning off Zwift and unplugging the Ant Stick. Worked like a charm. SO, when you do spindowns, I just spin for 10 minutes on the Wahoo ap, THEN do the spindown, THEN plug in the Ant Stick and launch Zwift (assuming you're going to do Zwift or similar online trainer stuff)
I hope to get into swift eventually but one step at a time for right now.
For now I'll start with the wahoo stuff and go from there. Im not even sure if my laptop will run zwift or if my lousy wide open west why fi interwebs will run it..
To be honest,, I just paired everything and it all worked. That in of itself is a large victory. Im going to read up on it a bit and then try a ride..
Any advice ot help you want to hive me I'm open to.. This virtual world stuff is all new to me. Thank you