View Single Post
Old 12-24-20, 03:40 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Montague Fit wheels, rolling multitool

Montague Fit frame, recently purchased from the manufacturer without a fork or anything. I do have a pair of 700c disc wheels, and it looks like I'll max out at about 32mm tires as it sits. This is great for road use, but while my thoughts have been hanging out about a decade in the past (given my 'hiatus' from cycling), I've recently started to see the charm in slapping 650b wheels on such a frame.
Since the clearance limit above is the center of the tire barely brushing the brake bridge on the rear (new wheels might help with this particular size, will probably check that tonight), and there's gobs of space on the sides, it looks like this folding road bike could easily double as a good gravel oriented trunk bike. With two sets of wheels, this could travel with me and do everything from faster road rides to fairly easy trails.
Anybody else try this on a Fit?

These wheels and crankset aren't what I'll be using on this bike, but I've just about got all the parts I need to get it going.
Likes For velojym: