Old 12-28-20, 03:15 PM
Hikebikerun

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL5 ; Felt Versa Speed 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 25 Posts
Can someone please explain Tour de Zwift...

So I just got a Wahoo Kickr and signed up for Zwift today. I’m reading up on how the “Tour de Zwift” works and it looks like a fun way to motivate myself to get on the bike more, but I’m confused about how exactly it works and both the Zwift and Zwift Insider websites do not really clarify the details.

So I get that there are 8 stages, each with designated groups (for length/difficulty), routes, and time frames. I’m a little confused about the distance requirements for completing each stage.

For example, the route listed for Stage 1; Group A (longer ride) is “Greater London Flat” which is 7.2 miles, whereas Stage 1: Group B (standard length ride) is Volcano Flat which is 7.6 miles. I imagine you are required to do multiple laps of the route as part of the stage, but I can’t find anywhere where it lists what the total mileage required to complete the stage is. Is this info listed somewhere?

Are riders required to ride every day, or just a total number of miles/laps in the given timeframe for each stage?

I’m working from home, so I can probably hop on every day but I need to plan how many miles I can realistically complete given my time constraints due to work. Any insight from people who have done this before would be greatly appreciated!