Thread: my 4 ebikes
View Single Post
Old 12-30-20, 10:59 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
I looked up the Deltawolf trike. Very nice, but too low for me.

My multiple ebikes include three 20" folders that we never fold, and a 20" minvello, all run with small geared hubmotors.. Both the bike gearing and the motors run out at 20 mph, which is more than fast enough. They're maneuverable and easy to get on/off. They can run on tool batteries, scooter packs, or proper ebike batteries. About 3700 miles on all four in 2020. The folders are our daily riders. We have an occasional guest, so that's why there are three. The mini was bought on clearance, and became an experiment in front drive. I dislike the way the hub bounces off rough pavement with the alloy forks.. MY back burner project is to mount my Tongsheng on it and quit worrying. I bought the Tongsheng before the tariff wars started, and never installed it. I plan to do it this winter. Since it's a 48V motor, I ordered some pre-welded cells which I will make into 12V10AH units. Then I''ll put them in series with my 36V packs.

Also have two old mountain bikes, one with a 500W geared motor and one with a BBS02. Only ridden them 350 and 100 miles respectively this year. Then I have my 26" fat tire bike, originally a $79 Walmart purchase with rim brakes. Now with disks and a 500W rear motor and summer tires, so I won't kill myself in the snow,