View Single Post
Old 01-03-21, 09:33 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
I’ll be 60 next month. I’ve always considered myself a runner first...since I joined my high school track, and CC teams back in ‘75. Reluctantly that’s changing. As I’ve gotten older I’ve scaled back running. But I’ve always like having it to break up numerous days of cycling. Hip replacement in 2018, and a couple of knee injuries around the same time have sorta put an end to my running. I can run on the hip, but the knee is bone-on-bone and just makes running not fun. Walking is OK but I just miss running. I’ve always enjoyed the ease of it, and the ability do it just about anywhere. It’s always been my mode of exploration. I’ve run up and down mountains, along vast stretches of beach, and miles upon miles with no land in sight (on the decks of aircraft carriers). I still like getting “out there” on foot...and I’m still trying a bit of jogging now and then. But I guess I’m in a transition mode from runner to walker. I’ll be 60 next month. I’ve always considered myself a runner first...since I joined my high school track, and CC teams back in ‘75. Reluctantly that’s changing. As I’ve gotten older I’ve scaled back running. But I’ve always like having it to break up numerous days of cycling. Fortunately I have swimming, too. Hip replacement in 2018, and a couple of knee injuries around the same time have sorta put an end to my running. I can run on the hip, but the knee is bone-on-bone and just makes running not fun. Walking is OK but I just miss running. I’ve always enjoyed the ease of it, and the ability do it just about anywhere. It’s always been my mode of exploration. I’ve run up and down mountains, along vast stretches of beach, and miles upon miles with no land in sight (on the decks of aircraft carriers). I still like getting “out there” on foot...and I’m still trying a bit of jogging now and then. But I guess I’m in a transition mode from runner to walker.

Dan