Old 01-03-21, 01:16 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6353 Post(s)
Liked 4,956 Times in 3,413 Posts
Very little impact as other than a few organized rides, I typically only ride solo or with my son. Our big organized ride was postponed from May to October, but I did participate. The other ride I normally do was canceled entirely as were other rides I'd wanted to try prior to COVID being a thing.

There were of course the opportunities to ride routes that I might normally have avoided since for a while motor vehicles where off the road. And the MUP was so ridiculously crowded every one of those initial days that I avoided it entirely for almost two months. (dog walkers being an entire comedy themselves, but that's another story to long for here) But once the initial stay-at-homes were over, things got back to normal quick, though my nearby riding trail stays more crowded on weekends and I ride the state roads and Natchez Trace more than previous years.

Incidents with newbs on the MUP doing stupid stuff increased. Loitering and browsing at the bikes shops decreased. Put off longer the desire to join in on the regular group rides some of the shops still have going.

The impact was more on other parts of life than cycling. Big one for me was fully retiring so I wouldn't bring something home to my wife that had chemo for cancer a year or so before the beginning of COVID. She works from home for her company and has been for over ten years. And that was a good strategy for us till I messed up and am now in day 6 of my quarantine.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-03-21 at 01:21 PM.