GrizzledBastard
Pedaling Curmudgeon

Bikes: '17 Custom Stumpjumper Expert 6FiddyFatty / 2021 Sirrus X 5.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Skiddz
Hello Grizz - you explained your fix in one of your earlier posts, but I wondered if you uploaded the video yet?
I've been absent and lagging on getting my video posted 'cuz I've been riding a lot and hammering on the core training trying to get back in the game. So, just for you, I uploaded the "Director's Cut" to get what I video'd out there. I didn't show the install of the mesh with the bottom bracket out as I originally installed but I think you can get it in there through the space in the access port as I show in the vid.

Originally Posted by mscenic
Has anyone gone from a 42t to a 40t chainring? Is there a great deal of difference? Thanks
Regarding the BB, like Badger said, threaded GXP (assuming Rival runs that diameter) for 68mm BSA 1.37" BB shell.
I bought the Praxis crankset with a 40T rather then the 42T. You can run the OEM 42T on it since it's 3 bolt direct mount which is kinda-sorta a common standard. You just need to pay attention to offsets and chainline. The 40T works perfect for me in the hilly terrain single track riding and is perfectly ample for my road riding as well. It's sort of dependent on your terrain and topography. The more hills, the more useful that lower tooth count seems to be. So, to answer your question "Is it a great deal of difference?", I'd say no, not a great deal but a welcome change in ratio for the hilly terrain and seems to come with no noticeable top end penalty.

Last edited by GrizzledBastard; 01-03-21 at 05:46 PM.
Likes For GrizzledBastard: