View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 07:04 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked 2,245 Times in 1,118 Posts
@Drillium Dude - Yes the detail is very classy. They could be etchings as there is no edge except by the edge of the script. Definitely not a decal! My finger nail catches on the edge of the script and running my finger over it feels like they are raised or at least rough. What is also interesting is that they occupy the spaces between the spokes immediately following the O of AMBROSIO with the first O defined by the valve stem between the "R" and "S."

Note the tag on the valve stem looks like it has a date and possibly SN! The weight is advertised at about 430. Icons of cycling: Ambrosio Nemesis rims - Cycling Weekly

The wheels hubs are Campagnolo Record (Black) of the 10 speed era. I assume they are sealed bearings and therefore have some drag around the seals. When lifting the bike, wheels typically start rotating, demonstrating that gravity sucks. Not these, they don't rotate one bit. you can place the valve stem in any location with the result of no rotation. This could be because of my ignorance regarding newer sealed bearing hubs but the Mavic 501 hubed wheel does rotate.
@gaucho777 - Nice results! I will consider following your lead. That contrast really forces good spacing when wrapping! Great job on you!
The bar tape is a disappointment. This fizik tape is 3mm thick and is the semi tacky version. It does not clean up easily, not to its original color of white. It looks a little grey. The 2mm tape on the Pinarello is very clean even after several thousand miles. I will likely replace what is on there now when I settle on the stem and handlebars.
I am going to use black for both and the Miche Supertype post. If they do not please the eye, they will go on the currently black Trek 760.

I read this post again and noticed a split between bling and black. Though I would try both.