Old 01-06-21, 08:54 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Okay, State of the Shop.

Remember how that router and table were pissin' me off? Yeah, well I decided to maybe overdo it in correcting the shortcomings - new table top and insert plate from Incra, and a 3.5hp Triton router. I built the cabinet last week, though I still need to add the face frame, make some drawers/doors, add power paddle and the router table fence, which is the item that I'd hoped to pick up at the LWWS today. The original plan was to get a router lift to house my existing Bosch router, but the new Triton has a really good lift mechanism built in, it's much more powerful than the Bosch and it was only ~30 bucks more than the lift. I'll have the Triton live in the table while the Bosch will be used handheld - win/win. Hopefully I'll get my hands on the fence on Friday or Saturday.

Next, the hand tool work bench is almost done. Got some heavy duty levelers put on it and it's rock solid, drilled the dog holes on the top for work-holding, installed the vise and the lower shelf (T&G'd the shelf boards on the new router table - damn is that thing both smooth and beastly). I still need to make a tool rest/planing stop to go between the two slabs.

Another recent addition that's not shown is a jig procured from Craigslist the other week - it's for knocking out mortise and tenon joints at small shop production levels. It's super sweet. I put together a little decorative table with it, as a proof of concept, and gave it to my wife; it's maple and walnut. It didn't turn out quite as I'd like, but I know what I'd change and it was a good learning process.

So yeah, that's what I've been workin' on, along with the Murphy bed.