Old 01-07-21, 09:50 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Liked 3,863 Times in 2,311 Posts
Originally Posted by guy153
A beautiful bike. Please don't take this is a criticism, but aren't the extra SS going to just stiffen up the rear triangle, which was a normal rear triangle to start with? If we wanted to stiffen something up it would be the front triangle. Since the TT attaches quite high it should be OK anyway. But the design with two lateral tubes all the way from the HT might give more stiffness as the front "triangle" is now a sort of tetrahedron.

Maybe... but the rider of this bike is only 105lbs and really likes how she fits the bike and how it rides. No comments about "stiffness", either too much or too little. My goal was to create a life bike for a rider who is getting older and has less flexibility herself, not some trendy design that I can show off The color was her choice, same as her Subaru.

I'll end with my usual comments about how we sometimes dwell too much on a bike's numbers and less on it's application. And that tires and wheels likely deflect more then any frame does, especially when the tires are 85psi 1.25s. Andy