aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by bbsupersport
I just talked to my LBS and they have Bontrager Perf Line Bar Tape in stock.
Has anyone used this tape, and if so, what is your opinion of it?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Ogsarg
Man, it's just bar tape. The only experience that matters is yours. Pick one and give it a go.
Yep, grab a couple different kinds. If this is your first time wrapping it's good to have a spare or two. I have a dedicated frame on my trainer that stays there all year round. I change out the tape on it as practice for the outside bike. Once you do it a few times, you'll get the hang of it. Like gripping a skateboard in my experience.

Don't tell the old farts on here but I also reverse wrap my tape that way I don't have to worry about having a gnarl of ugly black electrical tape on the tops. Been doing it that way for years now and never had any problems. Back in the olden days they didn't have the nice stretchy strong tape that we have now so all the grandpas flap their gums about it coming unraveled if you do it this way. It's one of those cycling urban legend things that gets passed around all the time. Mostly people who say it happens have never actually tried it...they just repeat the same lie they've heard since they were drilling holes in their SunRace cranks for "lightness". Or if they did experience the issue, it was because they suck at wrapping bar tape and don't know how to do it correctly.

Go forth, spend a few bucks and get to wrapping.