View Single Post
Old 01-11-21, 09:44 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
I've been concentrating on Jake (my Kona CX bike), and haven't put much time into the Fit, but tonight I did manage to get a couple things accomplished.
I've set a goal of doing at least one "bike" thing a day, even if small, so tonight even though I'm not feeling well, I wanted to address a problem with the front derailleur not being able to reach the big ring.
After some head scratching, I just took the crankset apart and sifted through photos online. Found a spacer or dust seal that didn't show up in any of those shots, up against the inside of the spider, on the axle. I removed that, and slid the crankset back into the BB... huh. Lined up on the derailleur fine now! Zowie!
But... now there was play when I had the non-drive crank installed and snugged up, so I swiped a spacer from an old BB I had laying around, and now it all seems to be peachy.

Then, just cuz I was on a 'high' from the above, I grabbed the Spyre disc brakes and installed them, too.
Now it's down to cabling and tuning, I think. Not tonight, though. I'm still feeling under the weather.