View Single Post
Old 01-13-21, 04:18 PM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3798 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 799 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
You say you aren't trolling? I say you are. I don't care what your post tally is. Trolling is as trolling does. You don't find more bikes in one place than in Downtown Portland, OR and I've not seen this 'lane hogging' behavior you are about to make a thing about. Cyclists ride FRAP for the very large part and exceptions woudn't fill the pod of the average Amusement Park ride. The average driver might witness an occurrence like it once in a lifetime. You are way overstating the amount of scofflaw and/or stereotypical bad cyclist behavior you have seen for some reason I don't know. Boredom, possibly. 'Countless' cyclists rolling stop signs is just not a claim I can take seriously.
If I wanted to troll, I could come up with a much more toxic thing to post about...

Maybe you spend too much time in Portland. I've been cycling for over 30-years as my primary form of transportation to work and I was in the navy for 23-years, so I've cycled all over the country where I've been stationed, so what I see here in Jax is not really much different than what I've seen in all the other places I was stationed.

But now we have Youtube and so when I talk about a Thanksgiving ride here in Jax, where the riders were hogging the road, I don't have to post it and hope people believe me, all I need to do is post a link of a similar thing that happened, which I've seen numerous times around the country.

And I could link several other videos, especially in NYC of cyclists blowing lights/signs...but then I'd probably be trolling

Cyclists hogging the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Wb8exPj3o

Likes For work4bike: