Old 01-16-21, 08:51 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
2. I put the front wheel on just to see how it looked and to make sure the hub wasn’t weird, (whyfi and abshipp had not responded yet. Wheel fit like a dream and no play so I am happy. Brakes are rubbing and I am assuming if I put my rear wheel on they would rub as well. What do I need to do about that? I am assuming it’s a simple fix. Super stoked!
I wouldn't adjust it until after it's tightened tomorrow.

If it's rubbing pretty badly, like dragging the wheel to a stop, then re-center as described by genejockey - if the wife isn't around to hold the brake lever for you, find a rubber band to hold the lever while you snug the caliper.

If it's kissing the pads pretty lightly, just re-set the pistons when you have the wheel out. Put a thin blade/lever between the pads and give it a twist to push the pistons back in to the caliper a little. Firm but slow - you're pushing fluid out of the caliper and all the way back up the line to the reservoir in the hoods. When you pop the wheel back on, you'll have to pump the lever a few times to get the pistons/pads back in position, but they should re-center on their own.