Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,911 Times in 1,141 Posts
Johno, and JHiggins,
Got some pics down loaded into computer so here goes:

The tool is two pieces that fit together clamping the cup between them. The length on each piece needs to be long enough to extend past the outer shell of the bottom bracket. Each piece and a BB cup pictured.

This is how the pieces fit together to clamp the cup. The tool actually clamps the cup by engaging the cup by the center area inside the races of the cup.

This picture shows the fit of the tool inside the cup. The stud has a clearance of about 2mm (the same as my Var fixed cup tool).

This is how everything goes together. Each piece clamps on the cup when screwed together. Then the tool can be tightened with a 1/2" drive socket as shown, or if extra leverage is needed a long breaker bar can be used. I have a 2 foot bar here in the shop for plenty of extra leverage.
Hope this makes the tool a little easier to understand. It is more of a junk-yard tool that just works and fits almost everything. I suspect I will get calls from my local co-op to come break apart some of the junk they get in and try to dismantle to save parts for the junk bins. Smiles, MH

Last edited by Mad Honk; 01-18-21 at 05:30 PM.
Likes For Mad Honk: