Old 01-19-21, 07:27 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Finishing up my block today with another TT bike ride. I'm tryna do 2x/week. Before I start my next training block, I want to install the 15 degree tilt adaptors (aerocoach) and start messing with that a bit. With no imminent racing on the calendar, I've been lazy about it. I like to think of TT'ing with Continuous Improvement type ethos. I haven't implemented that quite yet, and am just riding the bike for now.
I just got some of those for $25 bucks off of slowtwitch!

Also got a pair of the semi-generic aerobars off Ebay for $115 last week. Similar to the PDQ brand...maybe? They're pretty awesome. Just need to dial everything in as when I rode it the other day I found myself moving forwards and backwards on the saddle quite a bit. I realized my pads, while at a similar height to my road bike bars, were actually about 4 cm further forward and I was trying to put my elbows on them, causing me to overreach significantly. I ordered a 70mm stem for that, and then the tilt adaptors were too good a deal to pass up.

The only issue is not being sure if the tilt adaptors and the aerobar spacers will work together. Hopefully they're here today and I can see.

Working on time trial stuff will be a fun way to get rolling this spring since we have no planned races at the moment.
Likes For rubiksoval: