Old 01-19-21, 08:49 PM
IronM

Bikes: Fuji Transonic, Ridley Excalibur, Foundry Overland, Niner EMD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Senior Ryder 00
Oh, yeah! When I ride my 66 Holdsworth. Typhoon that is set up as a single speed path racer, I feel like I‘m 13 and riding my Elgin three speed. I’m still doing 50 miles per week.
My doctor says that I’m his healthiest patient in my age group, mid 70s. I have low blood pressure, I only weigh 10 lbs more than when I graduated from HS and was in excellent condition. Of course, it’s shifted a bit and have the wrinkles of the age group.

As Einstein said, “ Life is like riding a bicycle, you have to keep moving to stay upright.”

Cheers,
Van
Awesome!
A few years ago I had some heart issues & had to do a stress test. They hooked me up, put me on the treadmill and told me to go until I couldn't. So I did. The kept ramping up the incline & pace. But the thing was, it was in a tiny room without out a fan. After a while, I asked the nurse if I could stop as I was getting rather hot. Later, when reviewing the test results, the doctor looked concerned and told me "It's a good thing you stopped when you did." Uh Oh.. "Why is that, Doctor?" "Because if you kept going, you would've broken our machine. Only one person has tested better in this office, and he was a 24-yr old baseball player"
Likes For IronM: