Old 01-20-21, 01:26 AM
arizkohli

Bikes: Scott Addict 20 rim brakes, Bergamont Grandurance RD5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Saddle post

Sorry if this has been discussed and beaten to death but I couldn't find anything in all the searches on past posts here.

So I started cycling for fitness a couple of months and got hooked on to it; I do 25-30 km runs almost daily with the occasional 50 km sunday run. I'm riding a scott addict rc 20 most of the times and sometimes the bergamont grandurance rd5.

Now my problem is I'm a big heavy guy old guy, 47 years and somewhere between 120-130 kg, not in the best of shape but an old time sporty guy. I'm having a lot of problems with perineum pressure and severe **** numbness. I've got a bike fit done on both bikes, don't know how good it is but that's the best I could manage in my location. I'm comfortable on the bikes in all other ways To resolve the numbness issue I got a prologo dimension NDR CPC Tirox 143 saddle (sorry the board isn't allowing me to post a link to the saddle page). While that has helped a wee bit but the problem hasn't gone away.

I'm looking for some saddle recommendations for a heavy guy like me, preferably if you have faced and solved this problem with saddle selection and adjustment. I ride with the stem reversed on a +12 degree positive rise but I'm thinking of lowering it soon. From what I've read and researched, a lower reach, wider and shorter saddle and cut outs help. The prologo I got is wide-ish (143mm), short and has a cut out but it isn't the magic formula I was hoping for. It cost me over 200 dollars. We don't have the opportunity to try on different saddles here, I will have to just take recommendations and buy it.

Please help, I don't want to give up cycling but I also want to have a normal sex life. So saddle recommendations and tilt and reach etc. to help a fellow cyclist out please.

Thanks in advance guys.