Old 01-26-21, 02:20 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
Nominally, having your saddle just a little further back, and just a little lower than some theoretical "perfect" position, is just placing you in a slightly more comfortable position, rather than a maximum power position.
If your a recreational rider who isn't racing, and your happy with your performance then there's no need to change.
if you were racing and maximum performance became a goal, then moving the saddle a little further forwards and just a fraction higher could be desirable.
Personally I find having the saddle back a bit to be more comfortable (as most people do), yet I definitely find that it limits my ability to spin higher cadences. Moving the saddle forwards increases my cadence at the cost of placing more weight on my hands and shoulders.
Yep, which is why time trial bikes are setup like they are...need to find the right balance for yourself. Instead of moving my seat forward, I will have it in a position more for comfort and just slide forward if I'm really getting on it....but that requires finding the right saddle as well.