Old 01-26-21, 09:25 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 89 Posts
Moisture's Unique Frame Fit

If anyone is interested, I snapped a quick photo of my road/gravel fit.

- Seat is almost all the way back on the rails
- I have nearly full leg extension at the 6 o clock crank position, maybe just below when my toes are pointed downwards due to the strap in pedals.
- Using a 220mm tall, 40mm long stem

- This fit is extremely effective from a power transfer and handling perspective while still being very comfortable. But aerodynamics obviously suffers somewhat.

In the future, the two main things I'd like to address with my current fit would be the height of the stem and the crank arms. I want longer than 175mm for my inseam. This will help me sit lower in the bike. I also want to figure out a way to comfortably lower the stem a little and get slightly more streamlined without getting an even shorter stem. But for now, with the exception of the crank arm length, I've achieved a perfect fit for myself.

-As for frame geometry itself, id prefer 10mm shorter chain stays (425mm), 10mm longer top tube (590mm) to bias my weight slightly more rearward toward a more nimble rear triangle while having some more space to stretch out.

Otherwise, i can push this bike hard through corners and obstacles with a perfect balance between front tire grip/ rear tire slide and the ability to effectively contr rear axle skidding with the inside of my leg against either side of the saddle. Also, the ride is super comfortable even over the worst bumps.