Old 01-26-21, 09:30 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by JRC2K
As I understand, the original Superlights were delivered with the derailleur cages and brake caliper arms drilled out in the same fashion as the chainrings and frame dropouts. ie drillium. the OPs original posts show a standard cage rear mech. I will grant that it is difficult from the pics to determine if the brake calipers are drilled or not.
this bike has had the derailleur pivots exchanged for OMAS or comparable.
it may not be missing all of the drilled components- the early bikes were silly- the crank arms were drilled too ( stupid )
the brake calipers were just styling as was the derailleur cage. The crank arms do have milled out chainring arms.
the finish is “experienced”
$600 is marginal, the broken spoke could have been from careless storage- one had to look, drive side rear wheel would be the first to go from use.
this is not the bike to get if you do not know about tubulars.
the bike in my mind has the risk that you take it all apart and find you need a replacement rear axle or cone, or the spindle is pitted. Problematic headset crown race...
old bike owners often want near top dollar when $150-250 worth of stuff needs to be done.

I bought a sought after bike for serious money a few months ago, it needed all I just mentioned, plus cables, new hoods and brake levers, saddle, I exchanged the wheels and bar and stem, most all from the parts bins.
worth it to me, I have been searching a decade for one same year, same color, size.
Likes For repechage: