View Single Post
Old 01-27-21, 03:52 PM
Redbullet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I suspect OP might be confusing high BP at rest (which is no bueno) and high BP with exercise, which is physiological and healthy.
Worry more about your resting BP. Current guidelines (which imo may be too strict for many of us) advise 120 or less upstairs, 80 or less downstairs.
Well, I didn't make confusion, but I remembered that many years ago - I was around 15-16 y.o. and practicing competition cycling with a club - I had a compulsory routine test. That included something that I now understand it was some kind of "stress test". Having a number of sensors on my body, they somehow made me feel my heart and pulse pumping as hard as I never felt before, although I felt I still had some 25% reserve to go harder on their medicine bike. At one moment, I heard the assistants talking about 220, which I assumed it was BP and that really scared me - I knew people dying for 180... But at the end, they simply sent me home with no prescription, so I said that 220 I heard was something totally different from BP. But now, seeing one chart in this thread and hearing about "stress test", I think it really was BP...