MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10218 Post(s)
Liked 5,934 Times in 3,197 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbullet
Well, I didn't make confusion, but I remembered that many years ago - I was around 15-16 y.o. and practicing competition cycling with a club - I had a compulsory routine test. That included something that I now understand it was some kind of "stress test". Having a number of sensors on my body, they somehow made me feel my heart and pulse pumping as hard as I never felt before, although I felt I still had some 25% reserve to go harder on their medicine bike. At one moment, I heard the assistants talking about 220, which I assumed it was BP and that really scared me - I knew people dying for 180... But at the end, they simply sent me home with no prescription, so I said that 220 I heard was something totally different from BP. But now, seeing one chart in this thread and hearing about "stress test", I think it really was BP...
BP during exercise is not a measure anyone would use to screen healthy athletes. I suspect you had an electrocardiogram and the numbers were heart rate, but even if it was BP, a peak systolic pressure of 220 wouldn't be anything to worry about in a 16 yo athlete on an ergometer.