Old 05-02-03, 10:17 PM
iamlucky13
Footballus vita est

Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a theory that over time, companies like cannondale and klein felt random impulses to do things different for no reason, which led to what could be called "mutations." Most of these mutations were harmful and the species that resulted died out. Others had potential benefits and allowed these new species to fill an economical or geographical niche. Over many millions of years, these random mutations led to the diverse variety of bicycles observed in the pristine habitats of the world today. A prime example is a scientific goldmine known as North America, a veritable Galapagos Island in the science of bicycle studies. By the principles of survival of the fittest, several species have evolved that exist and multipy in complex social patterns and occupy varying geographies. Some seem to have developed traits that give them great speed, others durability. Some have managed to survive in ecosystems composed entirely of rocks, cliffs, and tree roots. Others survive in densely populated environments where other creations of this "wheeled evolution" threaten to wipe them out with their size, speed, and toxic exhalations.
Some species seem destined to go the way of the Dodo bird (*cough* Landrider). Others, like the finch and this diverse family of species known as bicycles, have an incredible ability to adapt to new environments and filter out bad genes.

I could write a thesis about this, although it would have more bearing on economics than biology, and I bet finance people would generally not like lessons on economics from engineers.