View Single Post
Old 01-31-21, 05:42 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
It's an addiction

but not as bad as some. At one time it was Inflatable boats and 2 stroke outboards and of course there's substances.
I always say once I've returned a bike to it's former glory or tricked it out I'm going to sell it straight away. That hardly ever happens as I start to covet my build and then I want to wait until I can find the perfect saddle, pedals,wheelset.....before I let it go
Then of course I'm not going to let something I've bled and sweat over for peanuts! So I'll price them accordingly while on CraigsList somone is selling their old roommates Paramount for $100. So securely locked away I have my collection.Since they are not making anymore Schwinn Curcuits or Cinelli Monzas they shouldn't depreciate.
But whats the point in having all these beautiful machines that I hardly ever ride!!!
Time to sell up and get a sailboat.My hope being that once we are free off Covid we will see a resurge in popularity of vintage machines especially with the crazy prices wanted for new/retro ones.
i have 14 at last count sold one last week, 1991 Bianchi Lynx,to boring, and bought two this week 1981 Lotus Eclair,needs some work, and 1989 Brittany Free Spirit,
pristine!
I have to admit I'm powerless over a good deal on a classic