genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
A couple of nights ago on the ride home some pick-up driver in the oncoming left-turn lane almost T-boned me as I crossed a well-lighted intersection. Missed me by two feet even though, as you can see from my avatar, I am lit up like a Christmas Tree (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfJhkbzW-E).

Anyway, there was that horrible moment when I momentarily froze before the surge of adrenaline shot me across the rest of the intersection.

One block later I'm in the bike lane when there's the large growl of another pickup truck coming up behind me in my mirror. Up ahead is a deer, frozen in its headlights. The truck, now past me, slams on his brakes and the deer runs across to the side street on my side of the street.

Both of us now stopped and breathing heavily under the streetlamp, the deer seemed to glare at me with incrimination as if to say, "what the heck is wrong with your species?"

"I know, right!?" I replied...possibly out loud.

Then the deer trotted off his way, and I swung around and rode off on mine.
Good one, really.

BTW the only comment I have on your "mothership lighting scheme" is your rear blinkers need an irregular pattern. Not a steady beat. I have used a PB super flash for years, but recently I noticed a new "irregular pattern" light on the market... something that seems to detect the approach of a car and then shifts the pattern. I honestly have no idea what it is... perhaps someone here will know it.

And as far as T-boning you... yeah, no light seems to get the attention of some folks. SIGH!
Likes For genec: