View Single Post
Old 02-03-21, 09:03 AM
howardv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mattcalifornia
Awesome! How do you like that Grevil? I've seen a surprising number of them for sale for pretty decent prices, so I was wondering why. I'm looking for a gravel bike but was worried the Grevil might be more race oriented and not single-track capable. But it looks from your pic that maybe that's not the case. I'm currently leaning toward an Ibis Hakka MX, if I can even get one these days. What do you think?
Love my Grevil. I've put about 2,000 miles on it so far and it's been a fantastic bike. The single tracks that I've been riding have mostly been tame. I'm not too comfortable on the more technical terrain. I'd say the Grevil is more road and race than technical tracks. But I chose it because I ride 20+ miles of highways and canyons to get to the dirt. Of course there are other gravel bikes which are more geared for dirt than road, you have to see what suits you best.

I also test rode the Hakka. It's an awesome bike. But the Grevil felt more comfortable to me. I'd attribute this purely to out of the box geometry fitting my body better. This will be different for every person, so it's not a good or bad point of either bike, just your body and your preferences. I actually like the Hakka better since it has less proprietary parts, such as no aero stem or seat post. Much easier and cheaper to upgrade in the future, such as adding a dropper seat post. I don't believe this is possible on the Grevil due to the aero seat post. And I think anything aero on a gravel bike is kinda useless and more of a hype.

So if you get a chance, test ride both. They're both great rides!