View Single Post
Old 02-03-21, 10:27 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10635 Post(s)
Liked 12,275 Times in 6,289 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Amazing. We keep thinking about buying a rental property and then saying, naah.
One of my miniions and her husband own a house they rent out. She's the handyman, does all the maintenance, and all the repairs between tenants. She told me the last renters asked her husband to expedite the security deposit check because they needed it blah,blah,blah.

So he did.

Then she saw the place. Apparently the renters, a couple, have a ....tempestuous relationship, and the bedroom door was broken badly enough to need replacing, along with sufficient other damage beyond simple wear-and-tear to completely eat up the security deposit and then some. It took her long enough to get the place in shape to rent again that they also lost a month's rent on top of that.

So, if you're going to rent out a place, make sure whoever deals with the tenant isn't a sucker. Her stories definitely cured me of wanting to be a landlord.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles