Old 02-07-21, 07:50 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked 3,158 Times in 1,710 Posts
finally got off my assets and back on the bike. 37-miler ne of jamul in an area i like to call the "skyline wilderness." kind of a poor man's, 33% of santa monica mtns here in san diego east county.
hit skyline truck trail (all paved), honey springs rd, lyons valley rd and mother grundy truck trail (very little pavé). decent amount of climbing. roads mixed...between a 7 all the way to a 10 for a few miles
on skyline tt. mother grundy tt vacillated between "this doesn't seem like a truck trail (8)" to "nice route decision, diphthong (2.5)." nice day tho...upper 60's-low 70's
with very little wind on a just after noontime start. all the smart kids were exiting the mtns as i was entering. typical. the little store "the post" along lyons valley rd approx 2 miles west of the
i-section/confluence of lyons valley/skyline/honey springs currently open every day 10am-7pm if you hafta score/resupply. fairly green already out there which adds a little more color.
a bit hazy out there but still nice views to the north along skyline tt.

https://www.strava.com/activities/4753212702

Last edited by diphthong; 02-07-21 at 07:59 PM.
Likes For diphthong: