View Single Post
Old 02-10-21, 09:50 AM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
LOL, the weather guess'ers said it was going to be 42 F and sunny but it wasn't warming up much at all. The wife didn't want to ride so I headed out on my own at a crisp 24 F. which for me is a COLD ride, with my gear level I usually won't ride below 30F and SUNNY with little breeze! Headed west on the Sinton Trail over to the Outlook off of 31st. Street to get a photo of the Fusion with the proper background!

You can see the COLD Inversion Layer on the foothills!

Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods Park from the Outlook, my RANS Fusion in good company!

I headed back down the street, nice 31.5 mph. down hill to get back on the Foothills trail, this goes along the outside of the GoG Park and has several nice views of a few of the different Red Rocks formations in the park.

A view of the GoG park looking north off the trail.

A view of the GoG park looking south off the trail.

Heading to the 31st. St. bike lane over to the Westside of Colorado Springs, stopped at a Wendy's for a small cup of HOT Chili and to warm up a bit, Covid-19 regs. have been relaxed to allow 50% customer in restaurants and fast food places, it was very welcomed and only a few folks inside! Picked up the Midland Trail heading into Down Town and stopped at the Colorado Springs Bike Shop to talk to the head Tech, Rocky about putting different shifters on the Fusion (currently uses friction thumb shifters, would like indexed trigger shifters!). As I left the shop, the clouds rolled in and it got even chillier as the HIGH never reached freezing at 31 F for the day! Picked up the Pine St. Greenway over to the Pikes Peak Greenway for the last couple of miles to our apartment. 15 miles RT, the weather guess'ers are saying we are getting Artic Air and deep freeze coming for the next few days, so I'll be stuck on the stationary cycle trainer, RATS! Glad I did the CHILLY RIDE!