jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by bykemike
Vegan! You have great taste in bikes. The Yarak is now my work computer background, what a great looking bike! It appears you can't actually get one yet, I didn't see a way to order one, but I may just if it comes available.

I put a bunch of newly acquired goodies on my Wabi this morning and had it out on a 30 mile run to set up the new seat and seatpost and to check the new freewheel, chain and gearing. When I checked over the new stuff it was all
for 1/2" BMX chain but I had the entire driveline so I went ahead with dumping the 3/32 and moved on to 1/2 chain.
I like to look down and see that sturdy chain and will forgive the slight weight gain. The thing I was mainly buying these parts for was the almost new set of White Industries BMX style freewheels, all unused, a 16T,17T and 18T set,
my new gearing is 48/17 with a new 1/2" chain and it all feels great. The White freewheels are like a watch compared to the $19.00 noisy, off center, freewheel I was running.
note on the 16t WI will only take a 3/32 chain (see link below). what kind of a deal did you get on those free wheels?

http://www.whiteind.com/wifreewheel

Last edited by jay4usc; 02-14-21 at 12:36 AM.
Likes For jay4usc: