Old 02-14-21, 07:25 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3261 Post(s)
Liked 2,581 Times in 1,535 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
What is up Ironkids?
It's really cold here in Cen-Tex, in fact the whole state of Texas is under a winter storm warning. We've already have had ice since Thursday and now sleeting with snow. I know, I know it's nothing compared to y'all northerners but we ain't used to it.

My '83 Centurion TA is still in the rack and basically untouched. RT sent me the bike for no reason I know of and I appreciate it which is why I've kinda have been uninspired. The thing is RT was my drive to build better and train harder. I was (unbeknownst to everyone) always wanting to best him. I always seemed to fail when it came to building IMs. Also I was intending on not getting dropped by him if and when he came to Texas. So I would train hard especially because of the mega milage he was putting in. But alas I've come to terms with it and have decided to finish the build. Funny that I thought I was done building Ironman and I guess I am but I'm gonna finish the Centurion TA build.
Which brings me back to the ridiculous ice snow and gusty winds with wind-chill below 0°. Were not expecting above freezing til Friday. I've got a lead on a group to install on the '83 but I've got to wait til the weather clears up to make the road Trip.
The build has taking a new twist due to signing up for a Gravel Ride. That's right I'm making it gravel friendly and what ever that means. My cycling buddy has decided to sign up for one and I've decided to join him. We'll see.
Also too I'm gonna sign up for 3 triathlons this year and hope they don't get cancelled. My wife doesn't understand why I can only get motivated to train by competition. IDK either.
I've been injured @seypat @canklecat . I have rib lining inflammation and Pain. It's a pain I've lived with on and off the last 7 years or so. However I had it for about 3 weeks straight it was time to get it checked out. It turned out it was brought on by a cartlidge injury. How I got the cartlidge injury is a you pickem. Could've been by lifting weights, punching bag, tire flipping, battle rope, getting punched or kicked or maybe trail riding. Who knows, but I still can't do those things for at least another week. Fortunately I can still run and road bike. So that's what I plan on continuing to do. So run 1 hour Mon - Thu, off on Fri and bike Sat and Sun. Starting in March I Plan on riding 1 or 2 days s week with the bike club but not 100% sure yet.
Actually I had been reluctant to talk about my injury lest this turn into sounding like 50+ thread, BTW I'm 57 so I always sound like I'm posting on that thread.
I'm fired up for some training now though.
Regarding the reasons/motivation for training, it keeps the vices away, at least for me. There'll come a time when we can train no longer train. I'm doing what I can to delay that as long as possible. Plus, you have a young daughter. I'm sure you want to walk her down the isle when the time comes. That should be reason enough to train and reach a ripe old age.