Old 02-15-21, 09:50 AM
UncleG

Bikes: Surly LHT, Trek 950 Single-Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
That's a good grab -- the LHT is a terrific bike. I'm still kind of kicking myself for not buying my next-door-neighbor's from him...But I already have plenty of bikes.
I've been looking around for a couple of years for one and then around two years ago I met a guy up on the C&O canal who had one and I spent about half an hour talking to him and took his LHT for a little spin, it was a 63 cm and it was still just a little tall, but not as tall as my old Schwinn Le Tour III, which might have been a bit too tall.

The early 90s, and that was the last time I was in a super big box bike store at Potomac Mills in Virginia and it was Bikes USA I think. Anyway, I went in there looking for a Cannondale touring bike but Cannondale had discontinued producing that particular model which I was seeking, which was also a model that a friend of mine had and I liked its attributes. So... in the store and mountain bikes are all the rage and I walked out of that store with two Trek 950 Single-Tracks, one for me and one for my wife. I kept the Le Tour for tooling around a bit.

The Le Tour finally bit the dust around 2010, and I started poking around the internet probably around 2015 or so... changes in the Surly landscape, nothing new off the shelf was available so I kept looking around at different sites and at different brands for a used tourer at a fair price.

I think it's gonna be a great ride.

Last edited by UncleG; 02-15-21 at 11:43 AM.