scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbiker66
I put a new fork and pedals on my Bullit. I decides to try a Manitou Nixon and I also put a set of Time Attack pedals on. I know its not the best fork around but I would rather make sure girlscout13 is on good stuff so I'll take lower components. The reviews I have seen said the fork was way soft but it feels like it has the right springs for what I like. It feels suprisingly good (rebound and compression) so we'll se how it goes. I may be looking for a new fork in a month, who knows? Im gonna take it out on Sun. to try it out. I'll post more after that ride.
Here it is with the lovely bike model girlscout13...

nice. seems like that is a pretty good match for that. i'd think much shorter, forkwise, and it would be an odd handling bike. that ride looks like quite the trail ripper.

i'm waiting for the new fork RS is working on..... supposedly a burlier single crown than the Pike. 35mm stantion, 20mm Maxle, 1.5" AND 1-1/8" steer tube options, and travel rumored to be 125-170mm Uturn, Motion Control damping. a fork to take up the space they are missing: between the Pike and the Boxxer line. i've got a Boxxer Ride on my bullit clone now, but this rumored new fork seems like it'd be the perfect fork for bikes like these: 5-7" heavy duty trailbikes that see some shuttle and lift time as well.

Jason222: clipless? 'cause ain't nothin' wrong with clipless. same token as the seat dropping thing: it's what you get used to; it's about the rider, not the bike. freeride and dh doesn't mean you have to run flats. if you've been running clipless for a long time, it's pretty d@mn easy to get out of them when you want, even in a fast/emergency bail. i've never wrecked because i couldn't get out of my pedals. if all you are doing is stunts and drops, sure, stick with flats. but on a bike that sees alot of pedaling on trail, and uphill to earn the downhill, clipless rocks. personal fav: shimano M545. going to give the crank bros. mallets a try though, whenever my m545 on both bikes die. may take a while; they're hard to kill.