View Single Post
Old 02-17-21, 12:13 PM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
Best tires for the Brompton! I've tried the old Kojaks, the Marathons and the Marathon Racers and these blow them out of the water in regards to comfort and speed. They're not as resistant to flats but I'll personally take a better ride over flat protection any day... Enjoy!
There is no need to ever fix a Brompton flat again. I have started adding Stans sealant to my Brompton and flats are a thing of the past. Just add 2 oz of sealant to the inner tube every 2 to 4 months. It takes 3 minutes to do and unless you rip the tire your good. The last time I added sealant I found a goat head in the tire, pulled it out and within seconds the hole was sealed. I also did this on my Carry Me and found some white stuff on the tire after a ride and realized it was sealant. If you have ever changed a Carry Me rear wheel it makes Brompton repair look easy. Just remove the value core add sealant replace core and pump up the tire. There are several videos on how it's done. If anyone is wondering it doesn't add weight and you won't know its there until you see white stuff on the tire.