View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 11:43 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by La Tortue
I am, and my wife is (faster). We are not MBB prodigies. I do believe the vast majority of average people have the dexterity needed to ride a MBB. It is not the giant challenge some make it out to be. The original question starting this thread is, "I avg about 14-16mph with hills and flats. do recumbent bikes/trikes perform as well as regular road bikes? any advice, or information you can give would be greatly appreciated...". I can tell you Cruzbike thinks their bike is faster than the one you are on. If not they will give you your money back and pay the shipping cost. Thats a pretty good deal for someone who is interested in going recumbent. I can also tell you that Cruzbike has wind tunnel tested the Vendetta with three different body types and released this data to the public. You can compare these results to other DF tests for more eye opening revelations. If you have an accurate idea of your cruising wattage numbers you can come very close to determining your real world criusing speeds on the Vendetta using this data. Beware, 130 watts can turn some impressive numbers.
Faster? Faster than what? Does Cruzbike really advertise their bikes as 'faster' than others? Or do they advertise that you will be satisfied and happy with your purchase? The two are very, very different. Both are difficult to back up, but one is nearly impossible to guarantee without knowing a whole lot more about the buyer than would be reasonable for a manufacturer to ever know. This is my Highracer. Some pretty Vendetta like macro-ergonomics wouldn't you say? If Cruzbike really wants to sell me a Vendetta they would need to do a LOT more than just allow me to send the Vendetta back postage paid!

Is the Vendetta even on the list of bikes being sold on the incentivized purchase plan? You mention comparing the Vendetta wind tunnel tests to DF tests ... seriously?! How about comparing Vendetta tests to Saki tests! Performer didn't have to do anything special to sell me a Saki except build it. I did the rest. The strategy also seems to work for Trek, Giant, Specialized, et al. Clearly speed isn't something I care about in a recumbent or I wouldn't have fenders, a pump, front/rear storage bags, etc. hanging off it. I'm assuming, but I don't think I'd be too far wrong in assuming that the model of Cruzbike that is in the price area of Saki would be butt ugly. I couldn't afford a Vendetta even if I wanted one and I don't see that Cruzbike is prepared to address that particular aspect of things. Are you getting a commission for your sales outreach? How does that work?