View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 11:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,004 Times in 2,673 Posts
Originally Posted by niswanger
So you only wanted to remove the center part with the screw on bearing cup (reverse threaded) and not the cogs? I'm having a damn hard time breaking free my smallest cog on my Suntour Freewheel (I didn't bother breaking the bearing cup yet, I do have a spanner tool for that later, just want to remove the cogs do do a proper cleaning etc. Here's a pick of my FW and how I'm holding it so I can remove the smallest cog that's right hand threaded (remove CCW). I've soaked it in PB blaster, hammered it gently on the face with a ball peen hammer (just a little mechanical shock) but it just wont' budge. Anyone have an suggestions?

Originally Posted by Jeff Wills
Please note that you are replying to a thread that is 17 years old.
Not only that but you are also kinda of duplicate posting in other dead threads that haven't been around a while. The other thread is from 2008 so a little bit more recent but not recent enough to post in. Try to find threads still active within a month or so if you want to be an active respected poster here or any online forum. Certain old threads make sense to post in but that is quite rare on most threads stick to recent stuff.