Old 02-20-21, 02:31 PM
Cyclist0100
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by eaglesandcycling
Yah, it's slightly down. Guess I can try and angle it even more but then I do read that can cause issues with weight/pressure on arms/hands..no?
I had a similar issue and tilting the nose slightly down (and I mean ever so slightly) fixed the problem. If you're already slightly nose down then the source of your discomfort could be saddle shape and/or width.

Trying multiple saddles in search of one that works can be an expensive proposition, especially if you don't know your sit bone width. I'd recommend that you first measure your sit bones and then look at saddles that are designed for your preferred riding position (i.e. aggressive racing position, relaxed cruising or commute position or somewhere in between). For any given sit bone width the width of the saddle will increase as your position becomes more upright/relaxed and will decrease as your position becomes more agressive.

For example, my sit bone width is roughly 10.5 cm. On a road bike (more aggressive riding position) I fit comfortably on a 142mm saddle, on a touring bike I ride a 156mm saddle, and on a cruiser (very relaxed/upright position) I can be happy anywhere between 180mm and 210mm.
Likes For Cyclist0100: