burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
Funny Zwift came up, I was at the shop yesterday and someone referred to my miles as fake. I've been averaging about 300 miles a week on Zwift, and TBH, you throw those same hours outdoors its probably 50-100 miles less.
If you think that's a good way to annoy somebody..........

Whew, I pissed off a guy real good local to us about 6 months back. Don't get me wrong, it's some North Korea level torture to sit indoors on a bike for 14 hours at any power level. But this crap about "vEveresting" while only ever putting out 130w and spinning at 85 or 90rpm the entire time while watching Netflix is bunch of horse dooo dooo.

He rode, I forget, like 14 hours on Zwift up and down the Alpe. Only on like 130w or something, at like 85 rpm. So...........you running a 15t front chainring on that bad boy and at 36t in back?

I pissed him off by saying "it's not a true vEveresting unless you did it at 100% trainer difficulty". Then ensued a back and forth about theoretical gear ratios.

I'm sorry. When I first bough my Propel, I weighed more like 180lb instead of 160lb. I put a 50/34 on it and a 30t in back. Even on 34/30 ain't no damn way you're spinning up the Alpe at 85rpm on 130 to 140w.

So, yeah.........N Korean level torture......but I think they need to mod the rules on vEveresting to make it at 100% trainer difficulty.

Even then, it still feels easier than outdoors to climb. I put my trainer in ERG for a tempo/SS 2 hour nonstop workout this weekend. 7000 ft. Easiest 7000 ft I've ever done in my life despite it being a tough 2 hours of solid power (for me). I think ride time was 2:20 for 7000ft including the several mile runup to Alpe and descending Alpe for 12min after the first ascent.
Likes For burnthesheep: