Old 02-23-21, 09:04 PM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 319 Posts
Originally Posted by alexihnen
I just wanted to add my recent experience at sorta kinda trying to be a flipper. There was an Airborne titanium MTB with full XTR listed for $175 about 15min from my home. I messaged via Facebook and was told that someone had offered $200 but if I wanted to pay $225 it was mine. I figured it was a still a deal and so said OK. I drove out to pick it up and the seller told me someone else had just picked it up for $225.

In my short time scanning classifieds for deals, this has happened a couple times. Sellers can charge what they want, and I know it can be frustrating selling. You get no-shows, you get people agreeing to $X and then asking for $50 off and saying take it leave it. Of course the seller priced the bike way too low. But it’s frustrating as a buyer too. Hunting for and finding bargains can be fun, but it’s also stressful and why I’ll only dive into this sporadically.
I've seen the same since March 2020. Just yesterday a bike I messaged the seller about had doubled in price ($120 --> $250). I haven't purchased many bikes to refurbish since this started which has led to more riding time.

Less people are watching parts so I have been able to flip some components for at least double.