Old 02-25-21, 09:53 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
This is what's nice about the Trek approach - it grabs the majority of the benefit while still leaving room to adjust (though not as easily as having cables/brake lines/wires flailing in the wind). This looks to be a one-piece bar/stem, but they've done two-piece aero cockpits with the Madone, and I don't see why they couldn't do both two-piece and external tucking -

Call me radical, but I think total electronic controls will eventually come to the bicycle. If you look at how much of our life/devices including automobiles are using them, it will happen. I don't know how I feel about that. For the brakes, I'm thinking a pressure strip running the length of the handlebars will replace the brake levers. Look at those bars. Maybe it runs down the center on the top or bottom. Or maybe it loops around like where the tape overlaps. Simple pressure would activate the brakes. The rider and the control would adapt quickly. Just like playing a video game or driving your car. That's good or bad, depending on a person's point of view.