phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3260 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 980 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
The tax credit can really make a difference - up to $7,500 on EVs and PHEVs. But, the credit you get is limited by the income tax you owe for the year of purchase. So, if the car qualifies for the $7,500 credit, but your tax liability for that year is only $5,000, your credit is limited to $5,000.

Plus, the credits ends after a manufacturer sells 200,000 EV/PHEVs. So, it’s no longer available for Tesla’s and will expire in March for GM products.

I’m really curious about the base Taycan. Base price is $79,000 but with that brand the options kill you. With the credit it still might be attractive. I’m going to see what the year brings, and may take a look at them at some point. But, I’m sure my wife will tell me it’s her turn next, and it would be unwise to argue.
I have a hard time justifying spending over 50 on a car. The next phrantic family truckster is likely to be something of the MDX, Highlander, XC90, Pilot, Ascent variety (or if I get my way a shaggin wagon V60 x-country).

I looked at some of the info on the VW ID.4, but I’m not super thrilled with the quality of some parts on my Passat and am not sure I’d get another one.