Old 03-01-21, 07:51 AM
Seb1987

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iride01
I know the forum title says road bikes, but that might be misleading. What's considered a road bike by most is an endurance type frame made for doing long rides as well as short rides. Most everyone here probably is in the wanna-be racer category or we ride at a level of effort that wouldn't be considered leisurely riding. So most of your advice is going to come from that perspective.

If you are wanting a cargo bike, utility bike, commuter bike, cruiser bike or even a time trial bike, there are other sub-forums that will have users more knowing the specifics for them. And all of those are bike that you ride on the road. But they aren't what we typically think of as road bikes.

As another said, if you are getting anything made in the last 20 years that is a road bike, it very likely will be 700C wheels. Unless you are getting one of those other bikes I mentioned that also get ridden on the road.

1m 74 is 174 cm? Never seen it written like that. Don't go into looking for a bike using wheel sizes. That'll confuse everyone.

First decide what type bike you actually want and base that on the type riding you intend to do with it. And no, just because you want to ride pavement does not mean it's a road bike you want.
It's for riding fast and for long distances. I already have a city bike. And I would be one of those people where if someone said road bike I would think a race/endurance bike for going long distances. But that is because I'm studying bicycle markets and mechanics but I do believe it can be confusing to those who have just started riding. And I bought the bike and it has ETRTO 23-622.

Last edited by Seb1987; 03-01-21 at 07:54 AM. Reason: I forgot to add more information