Old 03-01-21, 10:23 AM
Alzerbster

Bikes: 2021 Verve 2018 Cannondale Adventure

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by prime winner
Welcome to the forum. I'm hoping to get in some time on rail trails myself but need to get back to riding first. I really like my Verve but due to crappy weather I've only taken it for two 10 mile ride this year. Looking forward to the spring and summer!
Originally Posted by welcometojmart
My wife and I just purchased 2021 Trek Verve 3's last weekend. Picking them up next weekend with accessories installed and tubeless tires set up.

I road trails on a Gary Fisher full suspension throughout my 30s but quit due to the chiropractic costs riding over logs and pot holes was causing me, lol. Now I'm 52. I really like the geometry of the Verve at my current age and we hope to ride a lot of rail trails and paved bike paths locally and in neighboring Wisconsin this year.

I'll let you know how we like them after our first ride.
Welcome to the forum. I hadn't ridden bike for a good many years, until I retired and started riding the many rail trails in Pa. I love riding rail trails and do nothing else but rail trails. Great scenery, most rail trails are fairly flat, and there is no traffic to contend with. I have been trying to ride many of the Pa rail trails, and some of them are really awesome, with great history along many of them. Have rode a couple trails in West Virginia, Ohio, and one in Virginia, which was the High Bridge trail. I'm going to bet you will like the Verves. And I think you will like them even more switching out the tires to something around 38's. As I said in an earlier post I noticed no difference in comfort going from the stock 45's to the Marathon 38's, but a noticeable difference in faster speed for the same amount of work. Most all the rail trails I have ridden on are well maintained, and don't see the need for wider tires for a more comfortable ride.