Old 03-02-21, 03:50 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,443 Times in 646 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Glad you can fit that massive 68cm Expedition! I wish my former 63.5cm version was a 65cm with the same top tube length. One of the best riding bikes out there, period. The 54cm has that Flag triple in beautiful shape! Enjoy!
Yeah RoS, the 65cm Expedition is probably less frightening... The top tube is a scosche long for me, but a shorter stem will cure that. I am looking forward to riding a longer wheelbase.

Originally Posted by gaucho777
Speechless. Tall guys should get to experience French fit, too, right? Awesome project and looking forward to seeing how this turns out, but I’m honestly surprised one could buy a bike that large without going the custom route. The canti studs look ridiculously low on this seat stays. I feel like I’m looking at a frame through a funhouse mirror.

+1 on the righteous packing job.
Well gaucho777, I'm not really sure joining the French fit club is a good thing(for me). The headtube is over 10 inches long.

Originally Posted by Kobe
Looks like you have a great start just from the parts bin. Have you decided if you are going with a double or triple crankset?

Yes Kobe, I do have a few parts to get the ball rolling. I found a Sugino AT in the basement(180mm even), but somewhere along the line I removed the small ring. We'll see...

Last edited by Roger M; 03-02-21 at 04:21 PM.